Saturday 27 September 2014

Progress Journal

20th September, 2014
Today, Tung Tung, the director of our film, and I decided on the final plot of our film. Our group has chosen a 30-second scene from the movie, The Lone Ranger, and we will be reverse engineering it. In the scene, it jumps back and forth from one scene to another, which made it very confusing. Tung Tung and I had to do some research on the movie to understand what the scene is about. After combining the ideas from our group mates and working out the details of our plot, we finally came up with a story for our film. 

23rd September, 2014
Today, we went location scouting in the school auditorium.
I have written a detailed blog post on my location scouting experience:
http://y9candacelaw.blogspot.hk/2014/09/location-scouting-auditorium-cis.html

24th September, 2014
We started working on our production portfolio today in film class. I have created a list, listing our what I should include in my production portfolio. Then, I began to research on some camera movements, angles and shots. I did not do much in class as it took me a very long time to figure out what I should include in my portfolio. Therefore, I need to work more efficiently.

26th September, 2014
Today in class, I continued working on my production portfolio. I did some research on how to create realistic fake blood. In addition, I started working on the final storyboard and script. I tried to find the script of the original movie, however, there weren't any results. As I am the camera operator, I am responsible for most of the storyboard. It was difficult to decide on what shot I should use for some scenes that were not in the original movie. Hence, I should do more research on camera shots and movements before I start working on the final storyboard. 


3rd October, 2014
Today is our first shooting day. Originally, we planned to look for costumes and props that we need and start filming on St. Stephen's Beach afterwards. However, unfortunately, we were not able to film because it started to rain.  Therefore, after buying the costumes and props that we need at Stanley Market, the actresses changed into the costumes and we took some photos of both the costumes and the props. I genuinely hope that the mise en scene of our film can clearly show characteristics of Western films.

No comments:

Post a Comment